1. Procure your Marriage Certificate from the local Church in which your nuptials were solemnised. The Parish Priest issues such certificate under his seal and signature.
2. Bring your marriage certificate to be attested first at the ARCHBISHOP'S HOUSE, situated at 21 Nathalal Parekh Marg, Mumbai 400 001 (Landmark: Close to Holy Name Cathedral, Fort Convent, Cooperage, Sahakari Bhandar, Regal Theatre) Ph Nos: 022 - 22021093/1193/1293 Timings: Monday to Friday - 9.30 a.m. - 1.00 p.m. & 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays between 9.30 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
This Marriage Certificate is then attested by the Chancellor attached to Archbishop House.
3. This marriage certificate is then to be attested by the PUBLIC NOTARY. You could contact any public notary available at the courts or MR. N. J. D'MONTE, Advocate & Notary (Cell: 9820068642). He sits at the City Civil Court, near Kalaghoda - Mon - Friday 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.
4. After notarising is done. The said Marriage Certificate is to be stamped by the HOME DEPARTMENT, which is opp. Mantralaya (New Administrative Building ) on the 9th floor between 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.
5. Finally the said Marriage Certificate is to be stamped by the MARRIAGE REGISTRAR on same floor i.e. 9th Floor, New Administrative Building - The name of the current Marriage Officer is A.A.Lopes who is available between 2.00 p.m. and 5.00 p.m. You need to submit copies of Aadhar Card and Pan Card of the couple to the Marriage Officer.
Please carry valid ID proof ( Aadhar Card or Passport ) to enter the New Administrative Building.
If you are the relatives of the couple, please carry authority letter on behalf of the couple for submitting and collecting the marriage certificate from authorities at 1 to 5 above.
Once this is done, this Certificate could be used in lieu of the CIVIL MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE anywhere in the world.
Wish you happy married life and God Bless You.